|Category:||Devel. - System architect||Req.#:||15037||Business:||Financial Services|
|Location:||New York, NY||Type:||Permanent||Duration:||Direct Hire|
|Contact:||David Hersch||908-709-9800 email@example.com|
|Our direct client is looking for an Architect with experience in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop/HBase, BigTable and Cassandra, that can provide the technical direction towards re-architecting their Data Model and Access Platform. The vision is to architect a reliable and scalable data platform, provide standard interfaces to query and support analytics for their big security related data sets that is transparent, efficient and easy to access as possible by our varied applications.
- Design, architect and build a data platform over Big Data Technologies
- Leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform
- Being the technical architect and point person for the data platform
Abilities and Characteristics:
- Have a passion for Big Data technologies and a flexible, creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills; proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Have extensive experience with data implementations, data storage and distribution
- Have made active contributions to open source projects like Apache Hadoop or Cassandra
- Have a solid track record of building large scale systems utilizing Big Data Technologies
- Excellent understanding of Big Data Analytics platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce Programming Paradigm, HBase, Pig, Hive, Sqoop) and/or key-value store technologies such as Cassandra
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, benchmarking and performance tuning of Hadoop/Cassandra
- 5+ years hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP)
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems a plus